Prep time: 00:15
Carrot Curry Soup can be made from either the multi-colored carrots or the traditional all orange variety. I made carrot juice months ago and just stumbled across the carrot pulp in my freezer. So, that’s what I used here.
There is plenty of room for experimentation with this soup. The quantities listed below make for a thick, chunky soup. Or, just add more broth or water for something lighter.
A garnish of seeds add protein and also give it a nice bite. I especially love pumpkin or sunflower seeds on top of carrot curry soup. The seeds, garlic bits, carrot chunks, and onions give it extra texture and heartiness.
2 cups 2 cups carrots, puréed
4 cups organic vegetable broth
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon nuts and seeds to garnish (optional)
- Combine carrot purée and vegetable broth in pot. Bring to a simmer.
- Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent.
- Add sautéd onions and garlic to carrot and broth mixture.
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Garnish with cilantro, nuts, and seeds. (optional)